If you are looking for a healthy alternative to normal pancakes, or just want to change up your breakfast routine, try these Greek Yogurt Oat Pancakes. These pancakes have only 290 calories per serving and are loaded with protein and fiber, making them perfect for anyone who is watching their diet and trying to stay healthy.
Greek Yogurt Oat Pancakes
For the Pancakes:
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free as needed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (preferred Chobani Greek Yogurt Simply 100)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet stevia (optional)
For the optional Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond milk (or other milk product)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth. Heat a griddle or large non-stick over medium heat. Spray with a non-stick, all-natural cooking spray.
- For best results, allow pancake batter to sit and thicken about 5 minutes while griddle is heating.
- Pour about ¼- ½ cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when bubbles on top burst, about 5 minutes. Cook for another couple of minutes and until pancakes are golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- While pancakes are cooking, stir Greek yogurt sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Sauce recipe makes 2 servings.
- Divide pancakes and sauce recipe into two servings and enjoy!
Serving size: 4 pancakes
Calories: 290 Fat 2.8g Saturated Fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 37.1g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 394.4mg Fiber: 4.8g Protein: 30.4g Cholesterol: 0g