Healthy Protein-Packed Pasta Salad
Apr. 19, 2023 / VASA Admin
Pasta salad is an easy dish to meal prep and enjoy throughout the week, pack for a picnic, or serve during a family get-together. Swap standard pasta for chickpea pasta to lower the gluten index and add chicken for an extra punch of protein. With over 30 grams of protein per serving, this is a pasta dish you’ll be making time and time again!
PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 8 oz Rotini Chickpea Pasta, Cooked
- 12 oz Cooked Chicken, Chopped
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- ¼ cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- ½ cup Black Olives, Sliced
- 1 cup Red Peppers, Diced
- 1 cup Kale, Shredded
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Honey
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Parsley
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Cook the pasta based on the instructions on the box and set aside to cool.
- Bake or grill the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, dice the onions and peppers, slice the olives, and shred the kale.
- In a large bowl, combine all the pasta salad ingredients and top with the dressing. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Serve right away or store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.