What’s better than fast and delicious food? Fast, delicious, and healthy food! No joke, these quinoa bowls are so addicting you’ll want to make them for dinner every night for weeks, like I did! Try these quinoa bowls for lunch meal prep, or serve your family/friends for dinner. (oh yeah, and these are gluten-free!)
Southwest Quinoa Bowls
- 12 ounces flank steak or chicken breast cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Cup Corn
- ½ Cup Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1-2 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3-4 Tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Cilantro
- Optional 1 chopped avocado
- Cut meat into 2 inch pieces and season with 1 tsp taco seasonings, salt, and pepper. Cook meat until done and set aside.
- Cook quinoa and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to fry pan and turn on to medium heat. Add onions and green pepper to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tsp taco seasonings and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add meat, quinoa, black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes to the pan. Mix in lime juice, garlic powder, cilantro, and 1 tsp taco seasonings. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Optional: add avocado and additional cilantro to top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tried this and want more? Let us know on Instagram or Facebook if you’d tried this out and what other recipes you’d like to see!