Love options? Love great tasting food? Love convenience? This healthy fried rice is sure to fill all your wants, as well as, help you get in lots of nutrients in every serving.
- 16 ounces Protein of choice (chicken, tofu, beef)
- 2 eggs Egg or ½ cup Egg whites
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups diced bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies of choice
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 4-6 tbsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- Olive Oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cut protein into thin strips, cook until done. Set aside.
- Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil into large frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add frozen mixed veggies and riced cauliflower. Cook 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- Next, add protein, onions and bell pepper to the already cooked vegetables and cauliflower rice. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add brown rice and 1 tbsp water and cook until heated through.
- Push rice and vegetable mix to the side. Add beaten eggs or egg whites to the other side and scramble quickly. Mix the scrambled egg into the rice mixture.
- Add in soy sauce/coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste. Enjoy!
Try this recipe out, and let us know how you liked it! Want to see more healthy alternatives for your favorite (not so healthy) foods? Comment your favorites below, and we will see what we can come up with!