Oct. 3, 2022 / VASA Admin
We love any bite-size treat, especially when it includes good-for-you ingredients! Pumpkin is packed with nutrients and vitamins, flaxseed promotes digestion, and oats are a protein-rich healthy whole grain. These are easy to make and perfect as an on-the-go snack, for a school lunch, or sweet (but healthy) treat.
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- Mix peanut butter and honey together in a microwave safe bowl and place in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once done, pull out of the microwave and mix in with remaining ingredients leaving the chocolate chips for last.
- Once everything is mixed, place in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool.
- Pull mixture out of the freezer and roll into desired size balls.
- Once they have all been formed, put in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.