JOIN OUR TEAM
At VASA Fitness, we want to create an uplifting experience for everyone by offering inclusive, accessible, and on-trend fitness. The foundation of our brand is rooted in a culture centered on unity, passion, love, integrity, fun, and trust. Because our culture is alive—embodied by members and team members alike—VASA is a place where lives are changed because of authentic connections made within our supportive community.
We offer a competitive, all-encompassing benefits package which includes healthcare benefits for employees who work 20+ hours per week. All employees receive two complimentary gym memberships—one for themselves and another to give away—plus 401k options.
30+ hours per week employees: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week employees: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
Come join VASA Fitness and join a passionate, fun, and united team!
POSITION TITLE: Member Experience Specialist (MES)
REPORTS TO: Member Experience Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: Non-management position
FLSA Status: Hourly + Commission eligibility!
Base rate is $11.40 per hour
Hiring for Evenings and Weekends.
All employees: Complimentary all-inclusive gym membership and Plus-One membership to give to anyone of your choosing, $100 Referral Bonus, and 401k
Join our team and be a part of our member's and guests' fitness journey.
Be a part of a fun team who provides a world-class experience to our members and guests every visit. Along with being friendly, energetic and inclusive, Member Experience Specialists connect our members to our amazing products and ensure all equipment in the club is is sparkling clean. We believe in your success, which is accomplished through execution of our operational standards.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational Responsibilities: Demonstrates Commitment to Delivering a World Class Guest and Member Experience and Upholds VASA Operational Standards.
- Commitment to Delivering a World Class Guest and Member Experience: Demonstrates a genuine, kind attitude when interacting with Guests and Members. Is expected to greet Guest and Members with a smile, eye contact and courteous tone. Is able to anticipate Guest and Member needs and respond accordingly by providing direction, information and support (VASA app, club ammenties and hours, memberships, products).Consistently seeks for ways to improve the Guest and Member experience by sharing Member feedback with leadership, and collaborates effectively with team to implement ideas.
- Upholds VASA Operational Standards: Executes daily responsibilities to standard including Guest and Member check in and class check in procedures, daily cleaning tasks, restocking, and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by lead or GM. Completes club walks as directed. Manages cash according to company policies, and follows safety procedures.
- Records hours worked correctly.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates Professionalism- Is punctual, and professional in appearance
- Comfortable with Multitasking
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Results Focused
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics and integrity
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1 yr. + Customer Service in retail, restaurants or in person-based service industry preferred
- 1 yr.+ working with and contributing to the success of a team
- Personal interest in health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition.
- Bilingual preferred (but not required)
- Must have a current CPR and be able to pass a background check
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer