POSITION TITLE: Member Experience Specialist (MES)
REPORTS TO: Member Experience Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: Non-management position
FLSA Status: Hourly + Commission eligibility!
Base rate is $12.65 per hour
Bilingual will be paid an extra $1 per hour!
All employees: Complimentary all-inclusive gym membership and Plus-One membership to give to anyone of your choosing, $100 Referral Bonus, and 401k
Join our team and be a part of our member's and guests' fitness journey.
Be a part of a fun team who provides a world-class experience to our members and guests every visit. Along with being friendly, energetic and inclusive, Member Experience Specialists connect our members to our amazing products and ensure all equipment in the club is is sparkling clean. We believe in your success, which is accomplished through execution of our operational standards.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational Responsibilities: Demonstrates Commitment to Delivering a World Class Guest and Member Experience and Upholds VASA Operational Standards.
- Commitment to Delivering a World Class Guest and Member Experience: Demonstrates a genuine, kind attitude when interacting with Guests and Members. Is expected to greet Guest and Members with a smile, eye contact and courteous tone. Is able to anticipate Guest and Member needs and respond accordingly by providing direction, information and support (VASA app, club amenities and hours, memberships, products).Consistently seeks for ways to improve the Guest and Member experience by sharing Member feedback with leadership, and collaborates effectively with team to implement ideas.
- Upholds VASA Operational Standards: Executes daily responsibilities to standard including Guest and Member check in and class check in procedures, daily cleaning tasks, restocking, and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by lead or GM. Completes club walks as directed. Manages cash according to company policies, and follows safety procedures.
- Records hours worked correctly.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates Professionalism- Is punctual, and professional in appearance
- Comfortable with Multitasking
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Results Focused
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics and integrity
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1 yr. + Customer Service in retail, restaurants or in person-based service industry preferred
- 1 yr.+ working with and contributing to the success of a team
- Personal interest in health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition.
- Bilingual preferred (but not required)
- Must have a current CPR and be able to pass a background check
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer