FLSA Status: Hourly
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
The Member Experience Specialist is responsible for delivering a world-class experience to our members and guests every visit. We define a world-class experience as a friendly greeting, ensuring all equipment in the club is fixed as quickly as possible, and the club is sparkling clean. This is accomplished through flawless execution of our operational standards.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational Responsibilities: Demonstrates Commitment to Delivering a World Class Guest and Member Experience and Upholds VASA Operational Standards.
- Commitment to Delivering a World Class Guest and Member Experience: Demonstrates a genuine, kind attitude when interacting with Guests and Members. Is expected to greet Guest and Members with a smile, eye contact and courteous tone. Is able to anticipate Guest and Member needs and respond accordingly by providing direction, information and support (VASA app, club ammenties and hours, memberships, products).Consistently seeks for ways to improve the Guest and Member experience by sharing Member feedback with leadership, and collaborates effectively with team to implement ideas.
- Upholds VASA Operational Standards: Executes daily responsibilities to standard including Guest and Member check in and class check in procedures, daily cleaning tasks, restocking, and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by lead or GM. Completes club walks as directed. Manages cash according to company policies, and follows safety procedures.
- Records hours worked correctly.
Leadership Responsibilities: Is dedicated to Helping the Team Win and Focused on Executing Role with Excellence.
- Helping the Team Win: Brings positive energy to every shift and looks for ways to help others. Is approachable and kind with fellow Team Members, Guests and Members. Finds ways to challenge themselves and others to be and bring their best to the shift. Is expected to proactively offer help to other Team Members when tasks are completed.
- Executing the Role with Excellence: Solicits feedback from Team Members and GM, doesn’t wait for feedback to be given. Quickly applies feedback provided by the lead and the GM to improve performance. Shows accuracy when inputting Guest or Member information into our systems. Completes cleaning and restocking tasks accurately and efficiently.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates Professionalism- Is punctual, and professional in appearance
- Comfortable with Multitasking
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Results Focused
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics and integrity
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1 yr. + Customer Service in retail, restaurants or in person-based service industry preferred
- 1 yr.+ working with and contributing to the success of a team
- Personal interest in health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition.
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Must have a current CPR and be able to pass a background check
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer