POSITION TITLE: Member Experience Lead (MEL)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Member Experience Specialists
FLSA Status: Hourly + Commission!
Base pay is $19.20 per hour
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
The Member Experience Lead (MEL) is responsible for supporting the General Manager in building and developing a high-performing team within their designated club. The MEL leads by example and coaches Member Experience Specialist to provide a world class experience to our Members.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational Responsibilities: Supports Staffing, Training, Upholds Operational Standards and Demonstrates “Care” and “Creates Connection” throughout the schedule shift.
- Support Staffing and Training: Supports GM by forecasting upcoming staffing needs (MES). Has frequent conversations with MES team members to understand changing work schedules and shifting employee needs that would generate a staffing need. Works with the GM to schedule and conduct interviews, ensures that the right candidates are hired for open positions. Schedules and facilitates training for new Member Experience Specialist. Leads with the GM to create a welcoming environment for candidates and new hires.
- Upholds Operational Standards: Constantly evaluates the Team Member to Member interaction, provides coaching and feedback in the moment to recognize success and address opportunities, conducts club walks, deploys Team Members to positions to maximize efficiencies and balance the workload, assigns cleaning tasks and validates completion.
- Delivers Care and Creates Connection: Teaches and provides coaching to the Member Experience Specialist to move a “guest to a member” using VASA sales tools. Supports GM in creating sales plans that are achieved by addressing and coaching behaviors and implementing tactics.
Leadership Responsibilities: Is responsible for supporting the GM with Analyzing the Business, Prioritizing and Planning, and the Coaching and Ongoing Development of Team Members.
- Supports Analyzing the Business, Priortizing and Planning: Provides GM input and feedback from Member observations and Operational execution when analyzing the business. Proactively provides ideas and solutions to help move the business forward. Is able to prioritize tasks to achieve club goals during scheduled shift. Is able to adjust priorities as the business dictates. Is able to delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure work is completed and club goals achieved.
- Coaches and Supports Ongoing Team Member Development: Leads by example, demonstrates enthusiasm for VASA values. Builds trust and strong relationships with all Team Members (up, down and sideways). Is able to provide coaching in the moment that inspires commitment. Provides input and feedback to GM in succession planning conversations.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship Building- is able to build trust quickly and influence
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Results Focused
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics and integrity
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3 yrs.+ customer service in a retail, restaurant or in-person based service industry
- 3 yrs.+ leading operational teams required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Personal interest in health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition.
- Must have a current CPR and be able to pass a background check
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer