POSITION TITLE: KidCare Team Lead (KCTL)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: KidCare Team Members
FLSA Status: Hourly. Pay Rate is $16.95 per hour
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
The KidCare Team Lead is responsible for building and developing a high-performing team who cares for and safeguards the well-being of the children of our members and guests (aka our "Mini-Members") during their visits to their fitness club. This is achieved by Making sure everyone who enters the KidCare Center feels welcome, ensuring the safety of our Mini-Members, delivering fun and entertaining programming to our Mini-Members, and making sure the KidCare Center is sparkling clean all equipment maintained. This is accomplished through flawless execution of our KidCare playbook while managing operating costs.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and develop a high performing team. This deliverable involves establishing a culture within the team that adheres to our core values and drives accountability. The KCTL is responsible for attracting, hiring, coaching and maximizing the engagement of the operations team for their fitness center.
- Care for and safeguard our Mini-Members. This deliverable involves:
- Feeling welcome. The KCTL ensures that our members, guests and Mini-members receive a friendly greeting by name by KidCare Team Members upon entering the KidCare Center and a cordial goodbye when leaving. They also ensure that everyone on the KidCare team engages everyone in a positive manner whenever the opportunity arises.
- Ensuring the safety of our Mini-Members. The KCTL ensures that all Mini-Members are checked-in and out following the proper procedures. They also make sure that every Mini-Member is monitored during their stay to pro-actively identify and solve risks to their safety.
- Sparkling clean. The KCTL ensures that every area of the KidCare Center is as clean as possible at all times.
- Fixed equipment. The KCTL ensures that all equipment issues are identified, a ticket is submitted for repair, and fixed as quickly as possible.
- Fun and entertaining programming. The KCTL ensures that all KidCare programs are executed in a way that our Mini-Members enjoy.
- Flawless playbook execution. The KCTL ensures that all KidCare playbooks are executed by the KidCare team to precision in their fitness center. This includes timely completion of walkthroughs and checklists.
- Managing operating costs. The KTL manages operating costs by controlling labor and equipment expense without sacrificing the needs of our Mini-Members.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learn & Apply
- Passion for Fitness
- Member Experience Champion
- Develops High Performing Teams
- Attention to Detail
- Gets It Done!
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ years’ experience building high performing operations teams required
- Applicable and transferable experience ideally from the child care or child education industries required
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal savvy
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer