Group Fitness & Studio Team Lead
Location: Colorado Springs Nevada & Fillmore
Colorado Springs, CO
POSITION TITLE: Group Fitness & Studio Team Lead (GFSTL)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Group Fitness Instructors & Studio Coaches
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Pay Range is $17.50-$35.00 per hour, plus commission and/or monthly bonus!
The Group Fitness & STUDIO Team Lead is responsible for creating an “UPLIFT” VASA experience by offering an inclusive, accessible, and on-trend fitness experience maximizing STUDIO and Group Fitness usage.
You will be responsible for ensuring STUDIO and Group Fitness KPI’s are achieved from growing active STUDIO memberships/class counts as well as growing Group Fitness usage.
The GFSTL will build and maintain class schedules that are competitive, on-trend, and convenient for members while adhering to the VASA scheduling standards. The GFSTL will ensure members and guests receive an exceptional experience through high energy classes that motivate, UPLIFT, and create community.
- Recruiting and Staffing: Recruits talent to ensure schedules are staffed with the right instructors and coaches for the right times to drive club traffic and member engagement. The GFSTL actively recruits and acquires talent via VASA employees, VASA members, and local community members. They are responsible for recruiting top talent to fill all product trainings and new program offerings.
- Achieving Results, Maximizing STUDIO/Group Fitness Usage: Works with the GM to analyze the business and performance of the STUDIO/TEAM and Group Fitness spaces. The GFSTL drives performance that results in all financial targets and KPI’s being achieved, or ideally, exceeded. The GFSTL drives STUDIO and Group Fitness attendance through the management of class counts, coaching instructors on how to drive attendance, working with the other team leads to provide product education to ensure that members are being directed to the appropriate classes, and attending classes for the purpose of evaluation and guidance. Evaluates club schedules, local/national trends, and club traffic to ensure class schedules are competitive, on-trend, and convenient for members. Schedules are reviewed and adjusted quarterly to accommodate seasonality and attendance fluctuation. Proactively identifies instructor/scheduling problems and provides ideas and solutions to help move the business forward. They also manage operating costs by controlling labor and equipment expense without compromising the member experience.
- Deliver A World-Class Member Experience. The GFSTL ensures all equipment and technology is reported for repair as quickly as possible; the STUDIO space and Group Fitness rooms are clean and safe, and all playbooks, VASA initiatives, marketing events, and programming are executed flawlessly. Through continuous training, mentoring, cross-departmental communication, and follow-up with instructors and other team leads, the GFSTL ensures that programming is being delivered that matches the standards of all playbooks and SOPs. They are aware of challenges and work quickly to resolve them.
- Trains, Coaches and Supports Ongoing Instructor Development:
Leads by example, demonstrates enthusiasm for VASA’s core values. Builds trust and strong relationships with all Team Members. Conducts instructor evaluations by physically attending and participating in classes. Delivers feedback and coaching that inspires commitment and continued development. Conducts quarterly STUDIO RED trainings in addition to regularly teaching on the schedule to lead by example and highlight the important aspects of teaching a safe and effective class. Strives to keep and develop a bench of talented STUDIO/TEAM Coaches and Group Fitness Instructors. Facilitates practice sessions that allow instructors and coaches to continue to refine and expand their skill sets and receive in the moment feedback.
- Delivers Care and Creates Connection: Ensure members and guests receive an exceptional experience through high energy classes that motivate, UPLIFT, and create community. Works with GM to ensure member and guest concerns regarding these programs are being addressed. Approachable, professional, engaging, and provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to member needs and concerns. GFSTLs are the Champions of enthusiasm and passion for the STUDIO/TEAM and Group Fitness products. GFSTL establishes a culture within the team that adheres to our core values and drives accountability.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ years of experience teaching Group Fitness, Small Group Training class and/or boutique fitness classes.
- Experience and interest in leading, communicating, coaching, teaching, or performing in front of a group of people
- Nationally Accredited Group Fitness Certification required
- General knowledge and experience with kinesiology, exercise science, physical fitness, etc.
- Applicable and transferable management experience preferred
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership, sense of urgency, ability to problem solve and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Great problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Passionate about fitness, changing lives and helping others reach their goals
- Energizing with a positive attitude
- Promotes an upbeat, enthusiastic, high-energy environment
- Minimum local travel may be required for support, training, or other purposes as needed
- Experience leading group classes at a specialty studio preferred
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer