POSITION TITLE: Group Fitness Studio Team Lead ("GFTL")
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Group Fitness Instructors & Studio Coaches
FLSA Status: Hourly
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
The Group Fitness & Studio Team Lead is responsible for maximizing Group Fitness / Studio usage and driving overall performance that results in financial targets and KPI’s being achieved. GFSTL will be responsible for recruiting, building and developing high-performing programs and teams. GFSTL will build and maintain class schedules that are competitive, on-trend, and convenient for Members while adhering to the VASA Scheduling Standards. GFSTL will ensure Members and Guests receive an exceptional experience through high energy classes that motivate, UPLIFT and create community.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recruiting, Staffing and Scheduling: Recruits talent to ensure schedules are staffed with the right instructors and coaches at the right times to drive traffic, and Member engagement. Evaluates club schedules, trends and traffic to ensure class schedules are competitive, on-trend, and convenient for Members while adhering to the VASA Scheduling Standards and driving performance.
- Achieving Results, Maximizing Group Fitness / Studio Usage: Works with GM to analyze the business and performance of the Group Fitness, Studio / TEAM spaces. Proactively identifies problems and provides ideas and solutions to help move the business forward. Promotes, supports and facilitates events that drive the overall performance and helps ensure KPI’s are being achieved.
- Trains, Coaches and Supports Ongoing Instructor / Coach Development: Leads by example, demonstrates enthusiasm for VASA core values. Builds trust and strong relationships with all Team Members. Conducts instructor evaluations by physically attending and participating in classes. Delivers feedback and coaching that inspires commitment and continued development. Conducts quarterly trainings in addition to regularly teaching on the schedule to lead by example and highlight the important aspects of teaching a safe and effective class. Strives to keep and develop a bench of talented Studio/ TEAM coaches. Facilitates practice sessions that allows instructors and coaches to continue to refine and expand their skill sets and receive in the moment feedback.
- Delivers Care and Creates Connection: Ensure Members and Guests receive an exceptional experience through high energy classes that motivate, UPLIFT and create community. Works with GM to ensure Members and Guests concerns regarding these programs are being addressed. Approachable, professional and engaging and provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to Member needs and concerns.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ Year of experience personal training, small group training and/or group fitness training
- NCCA-accredited Personal Training or Group Fitness Certification
- General knowledge and experience with kinesiology, exercise science, physical fitness etc.
- Current CPR/ AED Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Self- motivated with a high degree of ownership, sense of urgency and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Great problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Passionate about fitness, changing lives and helping others reach their goals
- Energizing & positive attitude
- Promotes an upbeat, enthusiastic, high-energy environment
- Experience in leading, communicating, coaching, teaching or performing in front of a group of people
- Minimum local travel may be required for support, training, or other purposes as needed
- 3-5 years Personal/Small Group Training or Group Fitness Instruction
- Experience leading group classes at a specialty studio
- Applicable and transferable management experience