Group Fitness Instructor
Location: Westminster Church Ranch
POSITION TITLE: STUDIO RED Coach
REPORTS TO: Group Fitness & STUDIO Team Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: n/a
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
PAY RATE: $30.00 per hour
STUDIO RED Coaches are qualified Group Fitness Instructors who deliver an energetic and motivating high intensity interval training workout, while providing an exceptional member experience. STUDIO RED Coaches are friendly, high energy, knowledgeable fitness professionals who motivate and support members in a fun, results-driven workout experience.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently provide an exceptional and memorable fitness experience to all STUDIO members by exemplifying our House of VASA.
- Be punctual and prepared, making sure the room is set up and members are greeted at the door to start class on time.
- Safely and accurately demonstrate exercises (including modifications) with correct form and ensure safety of members regarding exercise technique.
- Be approachable, professional, enthusiastic, and engaging.
- Provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to member needs and concerns.
- Actively engage in the class and move around the room while leading, coaching, and motivating members for the entirety of the predetermined workouts.
- Appropriately recommend relevant VASA Fitness products and amenities that meet the members' needs.
- Actively invites and encourages non-STUDIO members to attend STUDIO RED classes to build STUDIO membership and class attendance.
- Coach to individuals at their fitness levels and abilities, providing modifications when needed, to ensure each member feels successful, supported, and included as part of the VASA community.
- Monitor effort and encourage participants using the Myzone technology.
- Ability to multitask and be organized, positive, and motivating with effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Executes post-class procedures including cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing to provide a safe, clean, and bright environment.
- Willingness to engage with social media such as Instagram and Facebook to promote the STUDIO product, invite your followers to your STUDIO RED classes, and celebrate member wins.
- Openness to coaching feedback from your GFSTL and a willingness to take any necessary action to continue growing.
- Willingness to take classes from other STUDIO RED coaches, in an effort to learn and improve your skills.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 0-1 Year of experience personal training, small group training and/or group fitness training
- NCCA-accredited Personal Training or Group Fitness Certification
- Current CPR/ AED Certification
- Experience in leading, communicating, coaching, teaching, or facilitating a group of people
- General knowledge and experience of kinesiology, exercise science, physical fitness etc.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Passionate about fitness, changing lives and helping others reach their goals
- Energizing & positive attitude
- Promotes an upbeat, enthusiastic, high-energy environment when coaching/instructing
- Minimum local travel may be required for support, training, or other purposes as needed
- Passionate about fitness and changing people’s lives
- 1-2 years Personal/Small Group Training or Group Fitness Instruction
- Experience leading group classes at a specialty studio
- Degree in Exercise Science or Kinesiology
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACTIVITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Physical Strength: Non-Sedentary work. Stands, sits, lifts, stoops, kneels, crouches, and bends frequently throughout the day. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs frequently to demonstrate exercises.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions and relay instructions to clients
- All Employees: Complimentary gym membership and a Plus-One Membership, 401K
- 30+ hours per week: Paid Time Off; Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits, and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
- 40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (Salary) or Paid Time Off (Hourly), and Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer