POSITION TITLE: Fitness Team Lead (FTL)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Fitness Trainers
FLSA Status: Hourly
Pay Range is $16.50-$28.00 plus per hour!
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Flexible Vacation Plan (salary) & Paid Holidays (in addition to above)
The Fitness Team Lead is responsible for advancing the personal training business that results in exceeding all fitness financial targets in their fitness center. This is achieved by building and developing a high-performing team who enables our members to achieve their physical, mental, and emotional fitness goals while enjoying a world-class experience every visit.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and develop a high performing team. This includes establishing a culture within the team that adheres to our core values and drives accountability. The FTL is responsible for attracting, hiring, coaching, and maximizing the engagement of the personal training team for their club. The FTL is accountable to the improvement of acquisition of new & retention of existing personal training clients.
- Developing an agile personal training team who can facilitate & adjust programming to fit the exact needs of each client. This includes following the Care & Connect concepts throughout the duration of the client journey.
- Creating an approachable environment in and around the Personal Training Cage. This includes interacting with members, clients & guests in a friendly, fun, energetic & inclusive way.
- Ensure all clients receive the best value in personal training. This includes consistent appearance & behavior of personal trainers, safe & clean training spaces and over-delivery of value to cost.
- Create a supportive, connected community for all personal trainers and their clients. This includes providing multiple tools & resources, meaningful personal trainer check-ins and encouraging the on-going growth and development of each personal trainer.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ years’ experience building high performing teams
- At least 1 NCCA-accredited Personal Training Certification.
- Current CPR/AED.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open minded to new approaches and ability to think outside the box.
- Optimistic mindset with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership, sense of urgency and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Passion for fitness and bringing healthy living to as many people as possible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applicable and transferable management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer