Location: CO Corporate Office
POSITION TITLE: Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Strategy
The Financial Analyst will be an integral member of the finance and development organization and will support the team in a variety of strategy and investment, and financial reporting and analysis projects. Responsibilities will range from providing analytical support to the CFO, Director of Corporate Development and broader finance department, assisting with competitor / industry analyses, supporting all facets of the investment decision making process, and financial modeling.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Build, review, and consistently improve financial models to ensure they are accurate and updated to reflect constantly changing business needs.
· Perform market and competitive analysis of existing and new geographies
· Conduct data collection and market research related to corporate growth initiatives
· Help drive decisions by the executive team and other senior leaders
· Work side-by-side with the Finance Manager on reporting, planning and analysis.
· Provide ongoing support and reporting to business partners that address key performance metrics of the business.
· Participate in the development and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages and analysis.
· Participate in the daily management of our financial reporting system.
· Ad-hoc analysis as needed
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Bachelor's degree with a record of outstanding academic performance
· 2+ years relevant work experience
· Capable of applying the 80/20 rule to reach insightful, actionable answers from incomplete information; avoid analysis overload or paralysis
· Big picture thinking: Ability to deep dive on specific opportunities while maintaining a pulse on the overall business
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be comfortable interacting with executive level leaders
· Demonstrate strong analytical and research skills
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
· High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, required
· Strong understanding of financial statements and investment return concepts, required
· Ability to develop and maintain financial models, required
· shifts, during business hours to assist members and sell services in-person.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
· Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic to advanced mathematical calculations. Skilled using complex formulations and equations. Can compute ratios, percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
· Language Ability: Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent); and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Vasa Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer