POSITION TITLE: Business Membership Services Representative
REPORTS TO: Business Membership Services Representative Team Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: None
All employees: Complimentary gym membership and Plus-One membership, 401k
30 hours per week: Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and Paid Parental Leave (in addition to above)
40 hours per week: Paid Time Off (hourly), Flexible Vacation Plan (salary), & Holiday pay (in addition to above)
The Business Membership Services Representatives provide assistance and guidance to our members and client contacts via phone, email, chat or in-person. As a Business Membership Services Representative, you will be responsible for providing a #VAWESOME experience to our members by addressing and resolving their questions and/or concerns in a welcoming and helpful manner. Business Membership Services provides an UPLIFTing team environment in a corporate office setting, giving you the opportunity to grow your customer service and problem-solving skills while building friendships in the culture we provide.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a friendly, professional, and positive first impression on our client contacts, members, their guests, and the public
- Properly address and resolve membership concerns and requirements
- Accurately record all information regarding member relations internally and with external vendors
- Research and resolve member issues through use of a computerized database
- Take phone calls from client contacts, members, and guests to promptly and efficiently handle new memberships, renewals, customer service issues, etc.
- Accurately record data from phone conversations and member visits into appropriate databases
- Schedule and assist with Health Fairs, and Kick offs for our Business Membership accounts working with Business Membership Specialists
- Assisting the Business Membership Division with daily office administrative and operating tasks
- Onboard new clients and complete all tasks associated with this process
- Assist with collection of past due accounts
- Meet required metrics for the position professionally, accurately and timely
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 0-1 year prior customer service experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use own judgement to make decisions
- Ability to work without immediate supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication across different platforms (email, in-person, phone, social media, etc.)
- Ability to focus on core information expressed by members and provide solutions, information and guidance in a professional manner
- Integrity in handling financial transactions and information regarding member accounts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage a high volume of inquiries
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly preferred
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products, or machinery.
- Physical Strength: Non-Sedentary work; standing and walking most of the time. Stands, sits, lifts and bends intermittently throughout the day. Temperature variations can occur. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Attendance is an essential duty of the position. Employees must work regularly scheduled shifts, during business hours to assist members and sell services in-person.
- Some local travel may be required based on business need.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Language Ability: Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent); and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Primary work in a fitness facility and office setting. Moves from cubicles to various fitness amenities and into locker rooms. Temperature variations can occur. The environment includes some ambient noise such as talking and use of gym equipment and machinery.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.